Ways of Giving
Possibilities of Partnership: How You Can Support the Diabetes Center
There are a number of ways you can donate to the Diabetes Center at UCSF, to fund our renowned clinical, research and education programs.
- Gifts of Cash – This is the simplest and most common type of gift. You may make a one-time gift or a pledge to be paid over a one-to-five year period.
- Gifts of Appreciated Securities – Stocks, bonds, or shares of a mutual fund that have been held for more than 12 months may be donated.
- Life Insurance – Donating a no-longer-needed policy entitles you to an immediate tax deduction for the policy’s current cash value.
- Bequests – We provide a donor’s estate with a charitable deduction to offset federal estate taxes.
- Real Estate – Outright gifts, bequests or retained life estate of homes, condominiums, land and other property may be donated.
- Life Income Gifts – The most common of these life income gifts are charitable gift annuities and charitable remainder trusts.
We rely on your generosity to fund our research, education and clinical care programs. Donors of $50 and over will receive our newsletter and information on our educational symposiums and research updates. Donors of $1,000 or more are invited to join our Diabetes Investors Circle.
For gifts made through wills, trusts and other estate planning documents, please designate your gift to:
University of California, San Francisco, Foundation, a California nonprofit public benefit corporation, for the benefit of the UCSF Diabetes Center as determined by the Director of the UCSF Diabetes Center.
All gifts should be carefully planned. Large donations should be reviewed with an attorney or financial advisor. Our UCSF Foundation staff is available to answer questions and talk with you or your advisors to help create a gift plan that is tailored to your financial circumstances and interests.
TAX IDENTIFICATION NUMBER OF THE UCSF FOUNDATION: 94-2829914
For more information:
Director of Development
UCSF Diabetes Center
Tel: (415) 476-6334
Fax: (415) 476-1590
OR you may DONATE ONLINE to the Diabetes Center through the UCSF Foundation.
We thank you for your support of the Diabetes Center at UCSF. With your continued commitment, our quest to cure diabetes will become a reality.